Thursday, June 30, 2016

Next Step

Imagine life without a purpose. Don't you think it's a waste of time? Yet, we live everyday as if it's with a purpose, but is there? I begin to question my sense of purpose in this lifetime. I must say, it is clearer when life is less complicated and with only the simplicity of dealing with just oneself and perhaps, one's life work (or a career in modern term). Come to think of it, how sad it is. We have no longer have real control over our behavior, our actions as they somehow are being dictated by external forces. This forces is what I view as technology, life advancement, career advancement etc etc.. It's all the inevitable-s at this day and age. We just have to go with the flow.

I guess to deal with it is to break it down into pieces and trying to achieve what we set out to do. It is ok, if we are not answering to life's calling (which I presume is always a noble one) but having goals made all the difference. To be honest, I can only say, I want to be happy in this lifetime. But very small little thing makes me happy easily and is that it? Is that what life is all about?

As I mentioned, having goals are great. Now I'm aiming to complete my Diploma in Wine in the two years stipulation for the course. I can't wait for embark on this 2-year journey on advancing myself in a real challenging manner and finally able to rekindle the academic side of me. Yes, I may not have or yet to achieve a Master's Degree, but who knows, one day, I'll do that. As of now, I'm very excited on stepping my foot into the world of wines and spirits.

I foresee myself, being studious and being diligent in completing each task but I must forewarn the implication of that. I may not have a social life. But I guess, my love for gatherings and wine-tastings will be able to overcome the need to isolate myself. I guess, it is all about time-management and with a manageable career, I can't find a reason not to do this Diploma at this very instance.

I'm wishing myself all the very best and this entry serves to remind me what I have promised myself to achieve.. Adios!